Sustainable Food Supply Chain: The Challenges and Opportunities
This webinar was recorded on 9th July 2020.
Food stockouts, disruptions in supply, hoarding and empty supermarket shelves. We have seen all this happening in the last few months during this COVID-19 pandemic and this has reminded all of us how important a safe and secure food supply chain really is.
In the video, CILT and CargoNOW were discussing this very relevant issue with Dr. Rajesh Piplani and Mr. Andre Menezes where they looked at:
- Establishing alternative sourcing networks, transportation, procurement, storage and delivery of food
- The increased need for food safety (from the point of view of contamination)
- Real life examples of how COVID-19 has affected meat plants around the globe, as well as container availability; and steps to overcome this
- Challenges closer to home especially with the growth in demand in supermarkets and simultaneously challenges related to lack of manpower
- Singapore’s Position: the SG30/30 vision