Food stockouts, disruptions in supply, hoarding and empty supermarket shelves. We have seen all this happening in the last few months during this COVID-19 pandemic and this has reminded all of us how important a safe and secure food supply chain really is.
CILT and CargoNOW will be discussing this very relevant issue on 9 July with Dr. Rajesh Piplani and Mr. Andre Menezes where we will look at:
- establishing alternative sourcing networks, transportation, procurement, storage and delivery of food
- the increased need for food safety (from the point of view of contamination)
- Real life examples of how COVID-19 has affected meat plants around the globe, as well as container availability; and steps to overcome this
- Challenges closer to him especially with the growth in demand in supermarkets and simultaneously challenges related to lack of manpower
- Singapore’s Position: the SG30/30 vision